Live Talk @ 5pm
University Level Courses
Foundation Degree (FdA) Early Years
BA (Hons) Top-up Degree in Early Childhood Studies
- NCFE/CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Playwork (NVQ) (QCF)
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- NCFE/CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- NCFE/CACHE Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (Advanced Practitioner) Year 1
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- NCFE/CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- NCFE/CACHE Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England)
- NCFE Level 3 Award for Special Educational Needs Coordinators in Early Years Settings (SENCO) (1)
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management in Residential Childcare
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma in Playwork
Passionate about working with children? Our courses and apprenticeships in Early Years will give you the skills and knowledge to work with children and support their development in a childcare setting.
These qualifications will build your knowledge of child development, safeguarding children and valuing children as individuals.
Taught by subject specialists with years of working in the sector, you’ll learn how the Early Years workforce facilitates and supports children to learn, play and develop, begin to understand key developmental milestones and how you can encourage children to reach them. Engaging practical sessions will make up part of your timetable, as you explore how to design and support creative activities with children. You could also receive Makaton training, a form of non-verbal communication to support children’s interactions.
An annual overseas trip gives our students experience of early years settings in different countries, with recent trips including Lisbon, Budapest, Prague and Amsterdam.
Our students also run an Aspirations week to explore and showcase different careers within the sector, and throughout the course you’ll build a clearer picture of the diverse career opportunities in early years. A mandatory work placement will give you real experience of an early years settings.
With courses at levels 1, 2 and 3 progressing to a top-up degree in Early Childhood Studies, you’ll be able to learn at a suitable level and progress throughout your education with the College, benefiting consistently from our expert lecturers, unique support systems and small study groups to reach your potential.