Construction and Trades
Carpentry: Live Talk @ 6pm
Due to unforeseen circumstances, tonight's Carpentry talk has been cancelled. If you are interested in our Carpentry courses and would like to speak to a member of our teaching staff to find out more, please email Marketing@wiltshire.ac.uk or use the form at the bottom of this page to arrange a personalised call with one of our lecturers.
Painting and Decorating: Live Talk @ 5pm
Electrical Installation: Live Talk @ 6.30pm
Plumbing: Live Talk @ 5.30pm
Bricklaying: Live Talk @ 6.30pm
- Painter and Decorator Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Gas Engineer Operative Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Installation/Maintenance Electrician Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Bricklaying Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Bricklaying Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Groundworking Apprenticeship (Level 2)
Part-time/Distance Learning Courses
- C&G NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Decorating Occupations (Painting and Decorating)
- C&G Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment)
- C&G Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations (Construction) (QCF)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (Construction) (QCF)
- Construction Diploma: Carpentry and Joinery (Level 1)
- C&G Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (Construction) (QCF)
- C&G Level 3 Award in Inspection and Testing 2391 – 52
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
With the construction and trade industries rapidly growing in the South-West, our courses will equip you with the skillset desired by local employers.
Our department includes Bench Joinery, Electrical Maintenance, Gas Engineering, Bricklaying, Painting & Decorating and Plumbing. Each course is taught in bespoke, industry-standard workshop facilities by experienced lecturers.
You’ll benefit from the College’s strong industry connections with visits to recognised employers, getting a real insight into your career. You’ll hear from ex-students such as Aimee Holloran, BBC Plumber of the Year, who visited our students last year to speak about her time at College, her experience on the show and her time working in the construction industry.
Recently, our students have competed in international competitions. In 2019 one of our Carpentry apprentices competed at the WorldSkills UK Joinery competition, successfully making his way into the national final. We were also proud to have one of our Plumbing students awarded the English Apprentice of the Year at the 2019 Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) Apprenticeship Awards.
With a range of courses available from introductory level through to level 3, including apprenticeships with highly regarded employers, let your construction journey start with Wiltshire College & University Centre.
Find out more and discover our facilities
Why study Carpentry?
1 / 4
Each campus features a construction centre with industry workshops.
2 / 4
3 / 4
4 / 4